Welcome to The Hollies Forest Lodges. We hope that you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us.
This pack is designed for your use before and during your stay, and we ask that you familiarise yourself with it. This document is available to view online and via download. By reading this document you agree to all guidelines and conditions. Any queries please email [email protected]
You can download a copy of the welcome pack here if you would like to have a copy to print; “FOREST LODGE WELCOME PACK.“
The HOLLIES FOREST LODGES: WELCOME PACK
Welcome to The Hollies Forest Lodges. We hope that you have an enjoyable stay with us.
This pack is designed for your use before and during your stay, and it is vitally important that you familiarise yourself with it. This document is available to view online and via download. By reading this document you agree to all guidelines and conditions. Any queries please email:
The information regarding travel and social contact, it is your responsibility to adhere to all current Government Guidelines. Before you travel, please ensure you are complying with these.
Do not travel to our site if you or a member of your guest party have tested positive for COVID-19 and are in isolation or if you or a member of your guest party are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
In addition to our usual high standards, we have implemented these extra measures for the safety of both our guests and staff;
- Our teams are fully trained to ensure that the highest standards of cleaning are met.
- We now primarily offer 3-night weekend stays (Friday – Monday) and 4-night mid-week stays (Monday – Friday) with set arrival and departure days to ensure that our Lodges can be deep cleaned and thoroughly serviced between stays. (Existing bookings will be honoured and deep cleans arranged accordingly)
- Check in is now from 4pm. Check out is at 10 am. No early check-ins or late check outs will be allowed until further notice. These new measures give us a clear break between guests departing and arriving to ensure it is safe.
- Mid-stay Lodge servicing will no longer be possible.
- We have introduced a contactless check in service so that you may go straight to your Lodge with no need to visit the shop or be in contact with anyone for the duration of your stay.
- Crockery and cutlery will be commercially washed before your stay.
- We have reduced the levels of soft furnishings so that these can be cleaned and rotated between guests.
- We have installed hand sanitisers on the entrance to each Lodge.
- We have added antibacterial spray and disposable cloths for you to use for the duration of your stay to keep things as clean as you would at home.
- We have updated our Forest Lodge extras that our team can place in your Lodge before your arrival, such as Champagne, flowers, food hampers and log burner packs. Details can be found here; https://www.theholliesfarmshop.co.uk/log-cabins-luxury-lodges/forest-lodge-extras/
CHECK IN PROCEDURE
CHECK IN TIMES
- Monday – Saturday: 4pm – 7pm.
- Sunday: 4pm – 5pm.
- If you are arriving outside of these times, you must contact us to make an alternative check in plan. Call 01829
01829 760761 Office or 01829 760414 Farm Shop
CONTACTLESS CHECK IN
During this time, we have moved to a contactless check in system. When you arrive on site make your way straight to you Lodge. A map of our site can be found at the back of this document for your convenience.
Your keys will be sanitised and on the breakfast bar in your Lodge for your arrival.
There is parking for 2 cars outside each Lodge. Any further vehicles can be parked on The Hollies main car park or by the office (see map).
OUTSIDE OF SHOP HOURS
The entrance gate and exit gate are shut outside of the shop opening hours. A key fob will be provided with your keys for the Out of Hours Entrance/Exit (see map) for you to use if you leave or return to site out of hours.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- We respectfully draw your attention to the following key points;
- Checkout is 10am. Please leave your key in your Lodge as you depart.
- We kindly ask that the Lodge is left in the same condition as you found it.
- Please adhere to our guidelines regarding use of the hot tub.
- Please respect other guests and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm.
- No glitter or confetti is allowed in or around the lodges & hot tub.
- The use of recreational substances is prohibited on site.
Please take care when using the BBQs as they will become hot to touch. Please allow ashes to cool fully before disposing of them in the metal bins at the front of your lodge. BBQs are used at your own risk. We accept no liability for loss, injury, or damage. For information on using your Buffalo Kamado BBQ, please go to;
Why not add a BBQ Starter Pack onto your booking for £10? More details here; https://www.theholliesfarmshop.co.uk/log-cabins-luxury-lodges/forest-lodge-extras/
Bathrobes are available to hire for £5 each. This must be arranged before your stay – more details here; https://www.theholliesfarmshop.co.uk/log-cabins-luxury-lodges/forest-lodge-extras/ When ordered, your bathrobes will be in one of the wardrobes of your Lodge.
If your bedroom has French doors, please do not remove the keys as these doors can be your emergency exits.
DAMAGE & BREAKAGES
Please notify a member of staff regarding any breakages made during your stay. This is for us to replace any items before the next guests arrive.
Any damages or breakages that are deemed unreasonable (other than general wear and tear) will be charged to you at checkout or once the damage has become apparent to us.
If any items within the Lodge do not work at all or incorrectly, please advise us as soon as possible so we can repair or replace it. Each of our Lodges are fully checked and serviced on departure as part of our Health & Safety Policy.
WIFI is available in each Lodge. At times WIFI may be unavailable due to issues beyond our control. Please follow the instructions to connect to the WIFI
- Scan for available networks from your smart phone, laptop, iPad etc.
- The network will have the same name as your Lodge.
- Choose the Lodge name.
- You will find your password on a laminated wipe clean card in your Lodge.
Please use responsibly.
For your comfort and enjoyment, the hot tubs are maintained at approximately 40 degrees in temperature (Once the cover is removed, the temperature of the tubs will drop slightly). Please do not alter the temperature on the display.
Please put the cover back on when not in use.
*If your Lodge has decking, please be aware that the decking becomes slippery when wet and caution must be taken*
Please adhere to the following rules for your own safety:
- No glitter
- No glass in the hot tub (plastic cups are provided in your Lodge)
- No smoking in the hot tub
- You must shower before use making sure you remove any lotions, tanning products and perfumes
- Do not add any products such as bubble bath, salts, or oils to the water
- Do not use the hot tub if under the influence of alcohol, recreational substances, or medications
- Do not bring electrical appliances, telephones, or tablets within 5 feet of the hot tub
- Children under the age of 3 should not use the hot tub, children over the age of 3 must be always supervised and not be left alone in the hot tub at any point
- Do not enter the hot tub if the water is above 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees centigrade)
- Limit your soak time to 15 minutes and cool off before re entry
- Enter and exit the hot tub safely and slowly
- Do not operate, enter, or use the hot tub if there is a thunderstorm
- Do not stand on the cover
- Do not tamper with the settings
- Do not use party poppers in the hot tubs
- You enter the hot tub at your own risk
You should consult your doctor before you use the hot tub if:
- You suffer from heart disease
- You are diabetic
- You have high or low blood pressure
- You are pregnant
Failure to adhere to any of the rules may cause contamination of the hot tub, which may result in a penalty charge of £200 for an excessive cleaning charge.
The hot tubs should not be used for 30 minutes after they have been cleaned by Housekeeping during your stay.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you should need, including a basic first aid kit. You will find a fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, crockery, glassware, and utensils for use during your stay. There are dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, an antibacterial spray and cloths located underneath the sink. Plastic glasses are provided for use in the hot tub.
The iron, ironing board and vacuum can be found in the cloakroom. In Lodges with no cloakroom, these will be in a wardrobe.
Please be aware that the gas hob reaches full temperature much quicker than an electric hob.
We hope to provide our guests with the perfect getaway experience and hope that you can enjoy all the facilities we offer. We ask that you please consider all other guests and our neighbours by always keeping noise to reasonable levels.
Please consider that during the evening any noise travels much further due to the environment. Excessive noise and disruption could result in you/your party having to leave the site.
Any behaviour that is deemed anti-social or where there is failure to follow any of the site safety signs and instructions could again result in you/your party having to leave the site.
We ask for all guests to keep noise to a minimum by 10pm.
Should any guest mislay any belongings during their stay or incur damage to their property, the provision of Proprietors Act 1956 will apply.
If we find any lost property, we will make every reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, but if we cannot locate the owner and an item is not reclaimed within 3 months of the guest’s departure it will be disposed of by The Hollies.
Each Lodge has an underfloor heating system and individual heating instructions can be found on a laminated card in each Lodge. The thermostat can be found in the kitchen area of your Lodge. Please note, if are using the log burner, we would advise that you move the thermostat into the bedroom to ensure that the bedroom continues to be heated.
If the oven doesn’t heat up, then this is usually because it has been switched off at the mains near the hob. If this happens, you will need to:
- Press and hold the timer button and the button that looks like a pot with wavy lines at the top.
- Whilst holding these buttons, press the + button until the time changes.
- The oven should now be ready to heat up.
No pets are permitted in The Hollies Forest Lodges.
LOG BURNING STOVE
When using the log burner please take care when laying, cleaning, and stoking the fire.
The burner has a cast iron handle that you must use to open and close – there is a stove mitten provided, but we do ask for you to be extremely careful when using this as the outer door and surfaces get extremely hot when the fire is lit.
Please ensure that any sparks that leave the stove when you are adding fuel are fully extinguished. When cleaning and re-laying always ensure that the ashes are cold. (A metal container is provided outside the lodge)
Logs are to be stored outside and can be purchased from the main Farm Shop.
Please DO NOT stack on either side of the stoves as this will create a source of ignition from the heat.
Use at your own risk.
Please note, if are using the log burner, we would advise that you move the thermostat into the bedroom to ensure that the bedroom continues to be heated.
Why not add our Log Burner set for £12? More details can be found here; https://www.theholliesfarmshop.co.uk/ log-cabins-luxury-lodges/forest-lodge-extras/
BUILDING THE PERFECT FIRE
- When lighting a fire, air is your friend. Every wood burner has air vents which should be opened completely before you start. They can then be adjusted once the fire has taken.
- Build a small pyramid-shaped structure in the middle of the stove using the kindling and a couple of firelighters. Make sure that there is space between the items so that air can get in to feed the fire as it gets going.
- Light the firelighters with a match and then as the kindling takes hold, partially close the door of the stove leaving a gap of about an inch to let in maximum air. You should not leave the room while the door is open.
- Once the kindling is burning strongly you can add two or three larger logs, being careful not to smother the fire.
- You can now shut and secure the door of the wood burner. Once the logs are properly alight you can adjust the
air vents to half open or less so that your wood burns for longer. You may need to open them again if the fire dies down, or when adding new logs.
REMOVAL OF / DAMAGE TO HOLLIES PROPERTY
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges.
Should the fact that the item is missing become evident after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the accidental, deliberate, negligent, or reckless act of the guest to the property or structure.
We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contacting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
A strict non-smoking policy is in place inside The Hollies Forest Lodges. If it is found that you have smoked inside the Lodge, there will be a charge for cleaning of £500.
There are glass cigarette trays located externally for your convenience. Please ensure all cigarettes are fully extinguished as we are in a forest setting.
We kindly ask that all guests staying in the Lodges use the bin provided in the kitchen area.
During your stay we kindly ask that you separate all glass bottles from your general rubbish so that they can be recycled. There is a small plastic bin outside your Lodge where you can place your bottles.
If there is any excessive waste, we ask for you to place the bin bags into the wheelie bins at the left of the Forest Lodge entrance. Also, towards the site exit there are glass bins which we would like to encourage all guests to use.
We aim to recycle as much of our waste as possible. The Hollies appreciate your support in helping us do so.
WHAT IS ON OUR SITE
THE HOLLIES FARM SHOP OPENING HOURS
Monday to Saturday: 8.30am – 7pm Sunday: 8.30am – 5pm
The Hollies began in 1959 as a vegetable barrow on the side of the road with an honesty box. Over 50 years later, The Hollies Farm Shop has grown to become one of the best Farm Shops in the Northwest.
4 generations in the making, the family’s passion lies in sourcing great food and providing the best customer service, through every part of the business.
With more than 50 local suppliers, we stock some of the best products that Cheshire has to offer, complimented by the best food from other regions and abroad. The family’s heritage lies within farming and has always believed that the best local food should be tasty, high quality and fully traceable.
Potatoes, carrots, seasonal vegetables, pumpkins, Christmas trees and plants are grown and nurtured within the family.
The Hollies Butchery offers our customers the finest, fully traceable meats available including local meats, fillet steaks, homemade award-winning sausages, burgers, kebabs, and many other great meat products.
The Delicatessen offers a range of homemade pies & quiches, pizza, pasta salad, home cooked meats, homemade coleslaw & potato salad, freshly baked bread, paté, olives, cheese, oils, and many other tasty treats.
THE GIFT BARN
Treat yourself or someone special to a fabulous present. The Gift Barn stocks a wide range of unique and unusual gifts including jewellery, clothing, homeware, beauty products, luxury toiletries & cards.
IN AN EMERGENCY
During your stay here at The Hollies it is important for you to know what do if you find yourselves in an emergency.
Our farm shop team can be reached by calling 01829 760 414 and following the options for the shop between the hours of 8.30am – 7pm Monday – Saturday / 8am – 5pm on Sundays. Our onsite Out of Hours Emergency Warden can be contacted in an emergency on 01829 760 009.
If you require emergency assistance, please dial 999.
The full address for this site is: The Hollies Farm Shop,
Tarporley, CW6 9ES *
* Out of hours, you will need to let the Emergency Services know that access to the site can be gained via Longstone Lane off the A49 – CW6 9ET. You will need to give them access through the Out of Hours Entrance/Exit gates using your key fob.
If you do call any emergency service, you are to inform the Out of Hours Emergency Warden on 01829 760 009. FIRE
- If you discover a fire, please call 999 and evacuate the lodge to the assembly point, located to the right of the exit of the Forest Lodge Park. If you do call any emergency service, you are to inform the warden on the number listed above. Follow the sign to the assembly point and wait for assistance.
- An emergency telephone is available on site (see site map)
In your Lodge for your own safety, you have provided:
- A C02 Cylinder. This can be used on any fire including an electrical fire – please follow the instruction on the cylinder.
- A Fire blanket. These are used for cooking fires, such as the hob, oil, or microwave. Please follow the instructions on the front of the blanket. It is an offence to misuse, remove or break any item that is provided to protect the health safety and welfare of yourself and others. Your safety & wellbeing during your stay is your responsibility.
IN A NON-EMERGENCY FIRE – 01606 868700 POLICE – 0845 458 0000
Victoria Infirmary, Winnington Hill, Northwich,
CW8 1AW 01606 564000
Leighton Hospital, Middlewich Road, Crewe,
Countess of Chester, Health Park, Chester,