Real Christmas Trees
Fill your home with the aromas of Christmas by purchasing a real Christmas tree this year. Some have been homegrown by the Hollies, planted by Richard at least 10 years ago. Choose from Norway Spruce, Nordman Fir and Omorika Spruce at varying heights. Many will be available from 25th November 2014.
Our fresh cut trees make the ideal centerpiece for the Festive celebrations. These are the most popular type of tree for Christmas. Varieties include: The Nordman Fir, which is one of the most popular Christmas Trees in this country, one of the reasons for this being its lovely symmetrical shape with strong branches.
Potted trees have been grown for at least one season in their pots. It is often possible to lift the whole root system out of the pot and see the closely woven root, which has grown in the pot.
The Norway Spruce Christmas Tree is widely considered to be the traditional Christmas tree. It has its own unique scent, feel and shape that will remind you of a traditional Christmas.
Come along to The Hollies Farm Shop at Little Budworth and choose your favourite variety, your preferred height and the most plumptious real Christmas tree to load your selected Christmas decorations onto! Our team are on hand to help you make your choice, offer advice, bag your chosen tree and help you to the car with it.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE IN 6 SIMPLE STEPS;
1. Cut off at least one inch (2.5 cm) from the bottom of the trunk and gently shake the tree to remove any loose needles.
2. Stand it in a bucket of water and keep it in a cool place such as a garage or shed until ready to take indoors for decorating.
3. The Hollies recommends putting the tree into a bucket (without holes) and filling with water so that the trunk is immersed.
4. Use stones or bricks to secure the tree in place. Do not use sand or soil in the bucket as they restrict water from being drawn up.
5. Stand the tree in the coolest part of the room, ideally next to a window and away from radiators and fi res. Water daily.
6. Decorate your tree with Christmas lights and decorations available in The Hollies Gift Barn, Little Budworth.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that the decorated Christmas tree can be traced back to the ancient Romans who during their winter festival decorated trees with small pieces of metal?
ARTIFICIAL TREES AND DECORATIONS
Gorgeous artifiical trees are also available from The Hollies Farm Shop, Little Budworth. Decorations and lights are available from The Barn, many different choices and colour ranges to make your home magical.