Marketing Cheshire Award Winners!
The winners of the 14th Marketing Cheshire Annual Tourism Awards were announced on the 13th September at a glittering awards ceremony at Chester’s Carden Park Hotel, hosted by Heart Radio’s Angela Jay. Prior to the awards, The Hollies were delighted to be shortlisted in two categories; ‘Team of the Year’ for our whole team and ‘Self Catering Holiday Provider of The Year’ for our Forest Lodges. A handful of our team dusted off our glad rags (and dancing shoes!) and excitedly headed off to Carden Park alongside Ed, who is 3rd generation of The Hollies Farm Shop family.
The Awards, attended by over 300 guests representing attractions, hotels and businesses across the county, celebrated excellence and outstanding achievement in Cheshire tourism. These businesses are all part of Cheshire’s booming tourist economy. Guests were treated to welcome drinks on the lawn (thank goodness the rain stayed away) followed by a delicious 3 course dinner created by the Chefs at Carden Park.
When the ‘Team of the Year’ category was announced, we waited in anticipation to hear whether The Hollies would be called out. This year the award went to The Champagne Bar Team at Mottram Hall – massive congratulations to the team at Mottram Hall! A few award announcements later we waited again to hear if The Hollies Forest Lodges would be called… We were absolutely thrilled to win the ‘Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year’ award for The Hollies Forest Lodges!
Ed, 3rd generation of The Hollies Farm Shop family, said “when our Forest Lodges were announced as the winner I was delighted. Our team do a fabulous job of looking after the Lodges and our guests; from the initial enquiry to taking bookings, and from housekeeping to welcoming guests, each member of the team ensures everyone has an enjoyable stay. Big thanks to our team and to our loyal and wonderful customers for continuing to come and experience the Forest Lodges for themselves.”
The Hollies team celebrated together on the dance floor (in fact some of us were the first up!), entertained with music by local Cheshire band, Soul Revolver. Local photographer, Celynnen Photography was there with his photo booth offering fun snaps for us to take away, plus Peaky Blinders style casino tables and a Peaky Blinders look-a-like added to the Cheshire feel of the evening (Peaky Blinders is filmed in Cheshire).
Katrina Michel, Chief Executive of Marketing Cheshire and winner of this year’s Special Contribution to Tourism Award, said: “Cheshire has an extraordinary range of sites, attractions and accommodation that inspire tourists to visit from home and abroad. Importantly it also has world class tourist professionals with the creativity, hardwork and flair to bring it all to life. This winning combination is reflected in seven years of consecutive growth in Cheshire’s tourism industry, which is an enormous achievement.”
Thank you to Marketing Cheshire and the Carden Park team for such a lovely and fun evening!
The Hollies Forest Lodges
The Hollies Forest Lodges at Little Budworth are nestled in the heart of the Cheshire countryside in a pine forest setting. Oozing luxury and style, the 5 individually designed Forest Lodges offer comfort, privacy and the perfect space for either a break for two, or a gathering with your family or friends. Each Lodge has an open plan kitchen, lounge and dining area, including a log burning stove and entertainment system. Outside on the spacious decking area, you will find a BBQ and a luxurious hot tub spa; perfect to help you relax and unwind.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01829 760761.
The 2018 winners of Marketing Cheshire’s Annual Awards are:
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year: Storyhouse Royal Visit
- Hotel of the Year: Cottons Hotel & Spa
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year: Anderton Boat Lift
- Restaurant of the Year: Chef’s Table
- Tourism Experience or Event of the Year: Field to Fork, Tatton Park Farm
- Wedding Venue of the Year: Carden Park
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year: Cheshire Falconry
- Team of the Year: The Champagne Bar Team, Mottram Hall
- Boutique Accommodation & Small Hotel of the Year: Oddfellows
- Business Tourism Award: Crewe Hall
- Self-Catering Holiday Provider of the Year: The Hollies Forest Lodges
- Self-Catering Property of the Year: Yew Tree Farm Holidays
- Sustainable Tourism Award: Just So Festival
- Dog Friendly Business of the Year: National Waterways Museum
- Family Friendly Tourism Business of the Year: Russian Style Crepes
- Special Contribution to Tourism Award: Katrina Michel, outgoing CEO of Marketing Cheshire
- Best Tourism Marketing Project of the Year: Highly Commended – Chester Mystery Plays 2018
- Hotel of the Year: Highly Commended – ABode Chester
- Restaurant of the Year: Highly Commended – The Mere Golf Resort & Spa
- Sustainable Tourism Award: Highly Commended – Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre
- Team of the Year: Highly Commended – The Breakfast Team, Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port
- Tourism Experience or Event of the Year: Highly Commended – The Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show